This is a tasty and easy to make desert or main course if all you want is sweet good peach.
- 7 cups (1.75L) Sliced peach
- 1/3 cup (75mL) sugar
- 1 tbsp (15mL) cornstarch or 2 tbsp (30mL) of flour
- 1 tbsp (15mL) lemon juice (Optional)
- 1 cup (250 mL) all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) sugar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) baking powder
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) baking soda
- pinch salt
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) butter or margarine
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) buttermilk
Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
Drain the peaches juice and put the peaches into a large baking dish, and mix the sugar, cornstarch and lemon juice together. Make sure it’s all evenly spread on the baking dish.
In a large bowl mix the flour, sugar baking powder, baking soda, salt and butter. Pour in the vanilla and while mixing slowly pour in the buttermilk.
For me this is just slightly less than what I want for the biscuit topping.
Place this on the middle rack and bake for 35 mins or till it’s golden brown on top. Once it’s done remove from the heat and let it sit for a couple minute to cool down.